Scope video 4B

see something in one of our videos you want to discuss or get more clarity on?
Trainbufftony

Scope video 4B

Post by Trainbufftony »

This was a great video it covered a lot of things ive worked through on my own.
One of the trickier ones I successfully troubleshoot was a feedback PEC in a scott phonostage.
I was focused on the channel that worked, thinking the lower amplitude produced by an intact feedback loop was the problem when in fact it was the higher amplitude channel that had the fault.

When I finally get to the (obvious) problem, usually one I created I tend to also call myself an idiot.
The reality: an idiot would never have found or even looked for the problem. If we were true idiots, we would consider ourselves immune from making mistakes.
Instead we have acquainted ourselves with the reality that everyone makes mistakes, and learned to fix em, instead of make them someone else's problem.
Keep up the great work.
Trainbufftony

Re: Scope video 4B

Post by Trainbufftony »

Another thing.
In the video you refer verbally to resistors above 1000 ohms as 270 ohms and 470 ohms respectively when they are reading 270k and 470k, and the schematics show 470k and 270k.
This can set you up to miss a common mistake, which is to put a 470 ohm resistor in place of a 470k.
The methodology of working through the thing is solid and would have no doubt found the fault anyway.
Things like multipliers are easy to mix up.
Yeah I'm nit picking.
You do great work, and most of us knew exactly what you mean.