Pics of your Vinyl Playback Equipment

WntrMute2

Pics of your Vinyl Playback Equipment

Post by WntrMute2 »

Thorens TD-124, Shick Tonearm, Soundsmith Paua.

VPI TNT with Terminator T-3 tonearm and Ortofon Per Winfield Cart,
Jim Wester

Re: Pics of your Vinyl Playback Equipment

Post by Jim Wester »

Thorens TD125MKII thumb.jpg
Thorens TD125MKII thumb.jpg (46.56 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
I've still got what was a pretty decent set up in the 70s. Thorens TD125 MK II, SME 3009, Shure V15 IIIG. Thanks for answering how to post a picture.
Last edited by Jim Wester on Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAKRAF

Post by TAKRAF »

If you click on the "full editor" button under the reply box you get the option of uploading attachments. But those gotta be pretty small. It's easier to upload your pictures to a free image host like imgur.com and then link it here.
Woodio

Post by Woodio »

As you can see, I’m more a solid state guy ...
Here’s my daily spinner, Marantz 6100.

I have many more turntables, but I actually love the simplicity of this one.
7828F011-3D92-4098-955C-CBFC1E7BDA58.jpeg
7828F011-3D92-4098-955C-CBFC1E7BDA58.jpeg (123.29 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Devices and spares are for sale, passion and knowledge are to share ...

www.woodio.ch
proufo

Post by proufo »

Jim Wester wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:29 am Thorens TD125MKII thumb.jpgI've still got what was a pretty decent set up in the 70s. Thorens TD125 MK II, SME 3009, Shure V15 IIIG. Thanks for answering how to post a picture.
I had exactly that setup!

Eventually upgraded to a TD126 keeping the heavier TD 125 platter, to an SME Series III and to the current V15s as they appeared.
proufo

Post by proufo »

Woodio wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:46 pm As you can see, I’m more a solid state guy ...
Here’s my daily spinner, Marantz 6100.

I have many more turntables, but I actually love the simplicity of this one. 7828F011-3D92-4098-955C-CBFC1E7BDA58.jpeg
What a beautiful cassette deck!
Jim Wester

Post by Jim Wester »

I've got a problem with wow on my Thorens td125. Measures ~.7% and should be a couple magnitudes better. Once I dig into it I'll be asking for advice from you guys.
proufo

Post by proufo »

In a recent book the author says:

Buy a piece of art. Find one that speaks to you and make the purchase. If it is a genuine artistic production, it will invade your life and change it. A real piece of art is a window into the transcendent, and you need that in your life, because you are finite and limited and bounded by your ignorance. Unless you can make a connection to the transcendent, you will not have the strength to prevail when the challenges of life become daunting. You need to establish a link with what is beyond you, like a man overboard in high seas requires a life preserver, and the invitation of beauty into your life is one means by which that may be accomplished.

Turntables are for many of us pieces of art (just like Leicas M4s, for example). That's why some --crazily-- do not use dust covers but prefer to see it.

In a wider context:

TRY TO MAKE ONE ROOM IN YOUR HOME AS BEAUTIFUL AS POSSIBLE
Making something beautiful is difficult, but it is amazingly worthwhile. If you learn to make something in your life truly beautiful—even one thing—then you have established a relationship with beauty. From there you can begin to expand that relationship out into other elements of your life and the world. That is an invitation to the divine. That is the reconnection with the immortality of childhood, and the true beauty and majesty of the Being you can no longer see. You must be daring to try that.

Our stereo systems are for many of us something to make in our lives truly beautiful (not only skin deep but in its technical inner beauty (Pirsig-Quality) that hopefully reflects in good sound performance and the deeper enjoyment of music.
AndyMcKay

Post by AndyMcKay »

1019-.jpg
1019-.jpg (226.18 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Nothing terribly special. Dual 1019 that I found on craigslist that was all gummed up. Pulled it apart and relubed everything and have it mostly working now. Only issue is the manual start cycle starts the platter spinning and then stops. Auto-start works properly, starting the platter spinning and drops the stylus in the correct location.

My backup in the living room is a B&O RX2. Love how sleek those things are.
mid mod audio

Post by mid mod audio »

proufo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:52 pm In a recent book the author says:

Buy a piece of art. Find one that speaks to you and make the purchase. If it is a genuine artistic production, it will invade your life and change it. A real piece of art is a window into the transcendent, and you need that in your life, because you are finite and limited and bounded by your ignorance. Unless you can make a connection to the transcendent, you will not have the strength to prevail when the challenges of life become daunting. You need to establish a link with what is beyond you, like a man overboard in high seas requires a life preserver, and the invitation of beauty into your life is one means by which that may be accomplished.

Turntables are for many of us pieces of art (just like Leicas M4s, for example). That's why some --crazily-- do not use dust covers but prefer to see it.

In a wider context:

TRY TO MAKE ONE ROOM IN YOUR HOME AS BEAUTIFUL AS POSSIBLE
Making something beautiful is difficult, but it is amazingly worthwhile. If you learn to make something in your life truly beautiful—even one thing—then you have established a relationship with beauty. From there you can begin to expand that relationship out into other elements of your life and the world. That is an invitation to the divine. That is the reconnection with the immortality of childhood, and the true beauty and majesty of the Being you can no longer see. You must be daring to try that.

Our stereo systems are for many of us something to make in our lives truly beautiful (not only skin deep but in its technical inner beauty (Pirsig-Quality) that hopefully reflects in good sound performance and the deeper enjoyment of music.
Great post !

Is the entire post from the book?