Super simple stereo tube amplifier build

post ideas here for things you would like to see a video on
crm114

Super simple stereo tube amplifier build

Post by crm114 »

New to this forum and new to this hobby but a long time viewer of Blueglow Electronics. I was wondering if it were feasible to do a build from scratch of a very simple stereo tube amplifier, I'm talking basic but still functional. A simple circuit that would be easy to follow and build especially for the people like myself just starting out and wanting to get their feet wet.
Hugo

Re: Super simple stereo tube amplifier build

Post by Hugo »

If you use the ECL82 or ECL86 you can build an amplifier with one tube per channel. These tubes have a triode and a pentode in one envelope. It will be super simple and super cool but these tubes are not the cheapest, specially the ECL86 which is the more "modern" one.
blueglow

Post by blueglow »

Yes at some point, I have this on my list. Planned to title the amp El Cheapo... lol
It was the idea behind a $300-400 all in new build amp.
crm114

Post by crm114 »

I'll definitely look into those tubes. Ive been wanting to take the leap and order a cheap Chinese kit just to get started but I'm holding off for now. The thing I have trouble with is the transition from schematic to the actual circuit. In solid state, with circuit boards, a schematic is easier for me to follow. When I look at pictures of point to point circuits I see chaos. 'El Cheapo' amp, I like it.
crm114

Post by crm114 »

I was browsing around trying to get some more information on schematics and simple circuits and I found this web site.
http://www.r-type.org/articles/art-122.htm Im not sure whether this specific amplifier would be ideal to build, probably not, but I like the layout of these instructions. This simple layout plan along with a schematic would be ideal for a true beginner.
Attachments
art122e.jpg
art122e.jpg (223.91 KiB) Viewed 1447 times