Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

All newly registered users are encouraged to post here!
JD Shaw

Re: Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

Post by JD Shaw »

Just joined yesterday.
My name is Jon and I live just North of Charlotte NC.
I am presently working on a Laney GC30V tube amp, and 2 SS amps a Kustom bass amp and a Fender ultimate chorus .
These are my first amp repair projects other than just swapping out input jacks and tubes.
I was Military trained in electronics and am a CNC field tech by trade.
Looking forward to learning from you all and possibly helping out with what little knowledge I may have.
wiredforsound

Post by wiredforsound »

hi guys my names Barry i live in Penticton British Columbia Canada ..i started playing with tube tvs when i was 14 was doing good till my mom got scared and decided to take all my tube related equipment tvs and tubes and had a guy come by and get rid of it when i was at school :( now im 53 and getting back into things not so much tv wise but into tube amps i picked up a sansui sm3300 and a saba wild bad 8 radio and 3 or 4 others to learn from ....anyways im glad to be here and look forward to learning more.

thanks , Barry
imgumby001

Post by imgumby001 »

Hello all!! I’m Nick and I’m super happy to be here. I’m very, very new to hi-fi audio, but I’m an almost intermediate level guitar amp builder/tech. Looking forward to new builds and exciting amp adventures!! Thanks everyone!!
sweerawardena

Post by sweerawardena »

Hi ,This is Senaka from Sri Lanka. I'm new bee to this forum. Hope to learn more from this forum...
MWH901

Post by MWH901 »

Hello,

My name is Mike and I live in Memphis, TN. I discovered the wonderful hobby of restoring vintage audio equipment just over a year ago, with the extra time on my hands because of the pandemic. I don't have an electronics background, but thanks to the incredible resources out there (including videos from Mark @ Blueglow), I have learned a great deal. I have built up a functional bench and have successfully brought about ten late 70's / early 80's receivers/amps back from the dead and recapped/cleaned/restored another ten already-working ones. All solid-state so far... maybe I'll tackle tubes at some point.

My latest rabbit-trail is exploring the Digilent Analog Discovery 2 and seeing if/how it can help expand my ability to test my gear. Happy to compare notes with anyone who is interested in this device.

Cheers, all!
-Mike
cerg_labs

Post by cerg_labs »

Hi,

My name is Eric and I am an aspirining hifi tube amp builder. I currently know very little, save what Mark has shown
on his youtube channel. I was a mechanical engineer in my past life and I am currently on hiatus from school as I
went back to get a degree in EE. My wife and I also own an electronics repair and semiconductor characterisation
company, and for the last 5 years, I have mostly worked on refurbishing scopes and resaling them to universities.
I also repair a lot of vintage hifi SS gear. This was to pay for school but I have become entangled in the tube amp net!

We also design custom precision linear power supplies for a few clients here in Texas (Houston) and I am a bit of
"Volt-Nut". I recently aquired a TV-7B/U and I am using Mark tutorial on calibrating and restoration to get it up
to speed. I'm almost done but I'm a bit OCD so I keep replace the old carbon resistors with NOS Dale RS (I have tons)
series in hopes to improve the tolerance since those have a TC 25ppm/deg.C... and I'm testing all of them with
4 wire testing on my HP 3457A. I know it's overkill but I want my first "Real" tube tester to be a really nice unit.

Anyways, I have no shortage of words so let me zip it. I look forward to learning from everyone here and contributing
where I can :mrgreen: .