Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

All newly registered users are encouraged to post here!
marchunter

Re: Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

Post by marchunter »

Hi there folks
My name Is Marc. I am a recently retired camera operator. I have been restoring old stereo “junk” for a few years now. Marks videos have always helped and inspired. This year we moved out of California where my work was to Tennessee so I’ve been pretty busy and missed that this forum started up. So I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.
This week I just did my first “build from scratch” amp kit, it is the Akitika GT-102. I really enjoyed it. I plan on doing some mono block tube amps next.
Really happy that Mark started the forum. I plan to hang around a lot sucking up knowledge.
See y’all out there.
andYz00m

Post by andYz00m »

Hey there, Im Andy. Recording engineer, musician, amateur repair and DIY enthusiast. Im trying to get an electrical engineering education through building and repairing recording equipment (pre amps, compressors, eq, mics, etc). I love vintage equipment and of course tubes.

I came here to have another source of help and knowledge in regards to EE basics as well as tips and advice for circuit repair and design. Found the forum from Mark's SUPER helpful youtube videos.

Thanks!
bay_ampea

Post by bay_ampea »

Hello!

I'm Milo from the San Francisco Bay Area (my username is a little pun on that). I got into electronics in the last few years via playing guitar. I started with pedals and then moved on to building a guitar tube amp kit and hanging out at the local radio club, fixing up AA5s. I'm currently working on converting an old Filmosound 185 amplifier into something I can use with a guitar (first and foremost taking the chassis out of the circuit :shock:). I also spend way too much time on YouTube soaking up electronics videos like Mark's and other.

I'm hoping to share some of what I work on, ask a bunch of questions, answer anything I'm qualified for (what little that is), and ideally not get into Hi-Fi because guitar is already expensive enough (just kidding... I think).

Looking forward to some fun discussions!