Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

All newly registered users are encouraged to post here!
Robert

Re: Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

Post by Robert »

Robert here. I'm restarting my electronics hobby after a long hiatus. I've been learning from many of the posts and hope to learn even more.
Geoff C

Post by Geoff C »

Greetings
My name is Geoff and I hail from Somerset County in NJ. I'm new to all of this and am having a great time learning. Mark your videos are much watched by me and I thank you.

All the best everyone!
Datunwalnur

Post by Datunwalnur »

Hi All,
I'm a recently retired datacomms engineer. I can't imagine not tinkering with electronics, it's in my blood. After 43 years in the job, I'm going back to my roots and relearning the thermionic valve theory I soaked up at college and promptly forgot as silicon took over. Latest builds are a 6V6 SET amp with DET20 front end and a valve audio buffer using CV4079 valves that sounds great. It's up to the mk3 version, but I'm stymied by supply chain issues for the CCS. Best build is a modified Philips CD player with valve stage and modded dac. In my last ten years working ended up as a card changer rather than electronics engineer, so it's a steep learning curve getting the knowledge back.
McIntosh-5100

Post by McIntosh-5100 »

Hi Everyone,
I'm Glenn Turner. I'm a retired EE with 40 years in the semiconductor/computer industry. I want to get back into tube electronics after many years because I love the sound that tubes provide. I'm currently trying to pull together the gear to work on them. My end goal is to learn and remain active in electronics. I look forward to participating in the forum. For any other car enthusiast in the forum I am also a street rodder.
Lutherrp

Post by Lutherrp »

Hello fellow enthusiasts.
My Name is Luther and I live in South Alabama. I have been in the industrial electronics industry servicing scales and scale systems for 38 years. Got my associate's degree in electronics training way back in 1984. Mark's videos, among others, piqued my interest in tube radio and amplifier restoration and repair. Since by the time I got into electronics, tubes were mostly a thing of the past I thought it would be something interesting to learn about. Now I can't get enough. Literally; I need help here! ;)