Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

All newly registered users are encouraged to post here!
BrianM

Re: Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

Post by BrianM »

Hi,
My name is Brian and I am an enthusiast of vacuum tube gear. I mainly have enjoyed SET equipment over the years. I am a mechanic by trade but have a strong love for electronics and HiFi. I am learning and have been studying electronics recently (mainly vintage tube amps and radios) and plan to build by own soon. Thank you for this forum and I truly enjoy the BlueGlow videos. Keep up the good work and thank you for having me.
4thtry

Post by 4thtry »

Hi, My name is Bill and I have been dabbling in audio electronics since the early 70's. Over the years, I have constructed a number of Heathkits (IG-72 audio generator, 15wpc amplifier). I have also modified several preamps and power amplifiers to "improve" the sound (PAS-3X, Dyna ST-70, Stromberg-Carlson ASR-433, SWTP 207A power amp, SWTP 198A preamp, Dyna ST400, Dyna ST416, etc.). I also enjoy building speaker systems from scratch and have entered, over the past 8 years or so, several completed systems in the Parts Express sponsored MWAF speaker design competition. I'm currently working on a complete re-build of my Stromberg-Carlson ASR-433 amplifier. I'm also working on a restoration & calibration of my Heathkit TT-1 tube tester. Looking forward to becoming an active member of this community.
steveh

Post by steveh »

Hi my name is Steve Hacker, I’m a complete new comer to electronics, but I have this yearning to build something that looks like the centre console of the Tardis in doctor Who, but sound like a quality Single Ended valve amp.
From what I’ve watched and read by Mark,I believe I can achieve this.
I am really looking forward to the journey, Steve H.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Hi Mark Fowler from Walcott ND a long time guitar amp builder and repair. Looking forward to building my first audio amp for my vinyl along with info for building my own speakers.

Interested in why SE verses PP and the transformer choices. Mark F
d2m

Post by d2m »

Hello all! My name is Don my background is in aviation, I have been interested in electronics for a long time. I recently decided to upgrade my audio with a new pair of speakers in kit form from GR Research after assembling those I started to think a some more upgrades are in order. This led me too the popularity of the 70s and 80s audio gear I grew up around so I started looking around and was able to find a Marantz 1030 amp in need of some attention. I found Marks videos on youtube and really enjoyed them, now deciding where to start with this little amplifier...
Craig25

Post by Craig25 »

Hello Mark and all,
My name is Craig and I live in Sarasota Florida.
Although I've been interested in audio for most of my life, (I'm 61), I developed a passion for vacuum tubes after having the opportunity to work for a couple years at VAC.
I've enjoyed watching the Blueglow videos and always find something more to learn. Thanks for starting this club!
Swan350C

Post by Swan350C »

Hi. My name is Barry. I live in the Sierra Foothills of California. I'm retired and worked for Hewlett Packard Co. in several of their computer groups for 35 years. I'm a licensed radio amateur. I built my first tube radio (Packard Bell 5R1) with a Weller 8200 soldering gun between 7th and 8th grade in summer school "Radio Shop" class. I still have it. I started out with Heathkits in high school, graduated Cal Poly Pomona (EE) and while in high school and college, worked as a TV bench technician and later, for a digital electronics consultant.

I like making electronic projects of the digital and analog variety. I also like "bringing old radios and ham equipment back from the dead".

I recently fired up my Swan 350C after being off the air for 29 years. Put up a 14AVQ which was the same model of antenna I had when I first got my license in 1968. The rig works well. My first QSO was using CW (!) and I still remember it well. I use an old Heathkit keyer and a Brown Mfg. paddle.

I also got an old Heathkit SB100 running that had been given to me several decades ago. It was in a cardboard box in my garage and has been in that box for a LONG time. Works great and I actually found the person that gave it to me that couldn't repair it and gave it to him in working order. He's about to rekindle his interest in ham radio again.

My everyday stereo is an old Marantz 2285B driving some JBL L5's . I use it almost daily. Originally found in a Portland OR pawn shop for $175.

Anyway, I type well too :-) Sometimes too much.

Glad to be here and I love watching Blueglow on youtube. Mark, you're doing a fine job and I look forward to your videos and ideas.

Barry
Jac88

Post by Jac88 »

Hey Everyone,

My name is Joel and I am an Electrician from Australia. I have been working in sales for a factory automation company for the past 7 years.

I have built 3 guitar valve amplifiers about 10 years ago and Mark's SE-KT88 is my first stereo amp build.

Looking forward to getting back into electronics and learning some new skills.
Shackhead

Post by Shackhead »

Hello

My name is Craig Bolton, I live in Ocean County NJ. I grew up in North Jersey and drove my father crazy every Sunday for the RadioShack flyer in the paper. I would drive him double crazy to drive me to the local RadioShack for the yearly catalog, and yes I had the battery a month club card.Our TV repair man Joe Dunham was good enough to let me watch while he would repair our Vacuum Tube TV. He told me about the very high voltages!! I have been pretty much self taught in electronics by reading every thing I could get my hands on. Then came Youtube and sights like Blueglow (Thank you so much Mark) I have collected vintage audio for years back when tube gear was free!!! I just retired 04/1/21. This is a great hobby that has become a blessing for my retirement year's. There's just something magical for me bringing old amplifiers back to life and giving someone happiness for many years to come.
Ziki_the

Post by Ziki_the »

Hello :),
My name is Milan, I'm from Serbia.
I work in the company as an electrician.
As a hobby, I service audio equipment and various electronics, mostly solid state.
I am attracted by knowledge and experience in the field of audio technology.