Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

All newly registered users are encouraged to post here!
Hipocrates

Re: Welcome everyone and thank you for joining the blueglow forum family!

Post by Hipocrates »

Hola I'm Sergio from Costa Rica, I work in IT (networking and tech support), and I like to build and fix old stuff(Or a least try).
I like to do unplugged woodworking (But sometimes I cheat) I like vintage audio since 2012 and make speakers since a year ago, and lately playing with chipamps (they are fun). Oh and I love old tube test gear.

I'm learning about electronics reading from the internet and I had rebuild several basket cases of audio gear from the 70s.
I need to improve my diagnostic and circuit analysis quite a bit, but hopefully I'll get there.

Cheers!
Dave L - 1964

Post by Dave L - 1964 »

Hello to all my name is David LaBadie I am from northeastern PA and love collecting vintage solid state equipment from the 70's and 80's I am just starting to learn how to fix my own gear
Windcrest77

Post by Windcrest77 »

Hi,

My name is Rick from Lockport IL, I'm 65 and will probably retire in a couple of years. As a kid I used to take apart any electronics I could get my hands on. Experimented, collected parts, devoured electronics magazines, by high school I was "fixing" (somewhat badly) TV's, radios, consoles for family and neighbors. Also am a lifetime audio fanatic.

By college the tube hobby dwindled and "life happened" between then and now. So now I'm looking to come full circle and resume that tube electronics hobby at 65! Except now I have money to be really dangerous :) My bench is growing, knowledge is growing and parts are filling up the basement. I was thrilled to see another electronics forum with a good percentage of tube activity. Much success to Mark in building up his brand!

Rick
tron

Post by tron »

Hi all,

I live in PA. Really enjoying the channel. The oscilloscope lessons have been great. Really helped my troubleshooting skills for electronics in general.
Thanks
Shuey

Post by Shuey »

Hey All,
Marcus here from Perth, WA Australia.
Have been interested in electronics (amongst other things) since my teenage years and have tinkered with very basic things over the years.
I've been irritated over the years that many electronic components in a variety of products I've owned over the years have failed and the cost (not to mention the inconvenience) of sending them out to be repaired is hard to justify. So repairing them myself is of keen interest.
I have a bunch of gear needing attention, including both home and car audio (80's Alpine 'ice cube' cassette and CD players, amps etc).
I have slowly been accumulating all the test gear to get going. Few more items to arrive, but should be here soon and the bench will be ready.
Great community and a huge thanks to Mark for bring us all together.
STW

Post by STW »

Hello, my name is Scott. I enjoy vintage audio gear and have been watching and learning from Mark's video's for a few years now, looking forward to this new community.
rckid

Post by rckid »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Roy Chaney and love old electronics from the 70's specifically Klipsch and Marantz. Blueglow's YouTube videos encouraged me to work on my Marantz 6300 after I was told by an unnamed local Hi-Fi dealer of 40 years that my unit was not worth fixing! It was game on at that point and I look forward to learning as much as I can.
timwattis

Post by timwattis »

Hi my name is Tim. I am from the UK I finally got around to completing my first amp last year during lockdown. Watching the youtube videos on the blueglow channel gave me the extra understanding to jump from theory to practical. Thanks Mark for your dedication to the subject.
steveh

Post by steveh »

Hi Mark, thanks for letting me join your forum.
My father was a television engineer and tried several times to get me to learn the trade, but I was a typical kid that just wanted to go out with my mates.
Now at sixty one I`ve finally decided I`d love to know more about electronics, particularly valve amplifiers.
I loved what you said about sitting in the dark listening to (in my case, Vinyl) music with just the glow of the valves. that just hooked me.
So I am spending hours watching your videos and getting a basic understanding of the art, with the hope of building my own valve amp (my dad is looking down on me now saying "I told you but you wouldn`t listen" ).
When I have saved up enough for my power transformer, output transformers and choke, I will begin my Quest.
In the meantime I`ll keep watching your videos, Best Regards Steve H.
dewmark

Post by dewmark »

Hi all,

My name is DeWitt W. Mark. My home base is San Francisco. I've been watching Marks video for many years now. I'm looking forward to the forum.

Dewitt